network connection to http - Networking

This is a discussion on network connection to http - Networking ; hello everyone, i have a problem regarding networking apis of unix link systems ....i don know this is the best place this request but i cudnt get one .(so also suggest where to ask such questions) the problem is that ...

  1. network connection to http

    hello everyone,

    i have a problem regarding networking apis of unix link systems ....i
    don know this is the best place this
    request but i cudnt get one .(so also suggest where to ask such
    questions)

    the problem is that after finally connecting to the server when
    i just tried to GET the image -i show u inputs that are taken by my
    program

    enter the server ip address : 10.10.19.222

    enter the port at which to connect to the server : 9029

    sucessfully connected to the server

    enter the url to request(without spaces) :http://10.10.19.222:9029/
    home/Mohan/mine/web/images/tech.jpg

    reading frm the server......

    now after this the output from the server is saved in a file which has
    contents like

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK^M
    Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 06:36:32 GMT^M
    Server: Apache/2.2.6 (Fedora)^M
    Last-Modified: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 12:27:31 GMT^M
    ETag: "1780314-1533e9-897f32c0"^M
    Accept-Ranges: bytes^M
    ^M
    =FF=D8=FF=E1<90>
    ExifRL failed: 6
    2009-09-26 22:31:06, Fetching URL failed: 6
    h1>Moved Permanently

    The document has moved Mohan/">here.

    Apache/2.2.6 (Fedora) Server at 10.10.19.222 Port 9029 address>

    ~

    but when i try to view this from the browser with exactly the same url
    i have the image .....what can be wrong....

    where is the problem in the system (server ,code ,write() ,etc)
    the server is apache running on my local machine .
    i use fedora8(linux)
    thanks a lot
    Mohan

  2. Re: network connection to http

    On Nov 9, 9:00*am, mohi wrote:
    > hello everyone,

    [snip]
    > *enter the url to request(without spaces) :http://10.10.19.222:9029/
    > home/Mohan/mine/web/images/tech.jpg

    You have already specified the IP and the port number in response to
    earlier prompts.
    Is your program using all of this answer in the GET request? I believe
    that would be wrong. Your program should send

    GET /home/Mohan/mine/web/images/tech.jpg

    not

    GET http:/10.10.19.222:9029/home/Mohan/mine/web/images/tech.jpg

    You could try to install and run wireshark to see exactly what the
    exchanges look like when you use the browser, and compare when you use
    your program.

    Regards

  3. Re: network connection to http

    On Nov 9, 12:00*am, mohi wrote:
    > hello everyone,
    >
    > i have a problem regarding networking apis of unix link systems ....i
    > don know this is the best place this
    > request but i cudnt get one .(so also suggest where to ask such
    > questions)
    >
    > the problem is that after finally connecting to the server when
    > i just tried to GET the image -i show u inputs that are taken by my
    > program
    >
    > enter the server ip address : 10.10.19.222
    >
    > *enter the port at which to connect to the server : 9029
    >
    > *sucessfully connected to the server
    >
    > *enter the url to request(without spaces) :http://10.10.19.222:9029/
    > home/Mohan/mine/web/images/tech.jpg
    >
    > *reading frm the server......
    >
    > now after this the output from the server is saved in a file which has
    > contents like
    >
    > HTTP/1.1 200 OK^M
    > Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 06:36:32 GMT^M
    > Server: Apache/2.2.6 (Fedora)^M
    > Last-Modified: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 12:27:31 GMT^M
    > ETag: "1780314-1533e9-897f32c0"^M
    > Accept-Ranges: bytes^M
    > ^M
    > =FF=D8=FF=E1<90>
    > ExifRL failed: 6
    > 2009-09-26 22:31:06, Fetching URL failed: 6
    > h1>Moved Permanently

    The document has moved > Mohan/">here.

    Apache/2.2.6 (Fedora) Server at 10.10.19.222 Port 9029 > address>

    > ~
    >
    > but when i try to view this from the browser with exactly the same url
    > i have the image .....what can be wrong....
    >
    > where is the problem in the system (server ,code ,write() ,etc)
    > the server is apache running on my local machine .
    > i use fedora8(linux)
    > thanks a lot
    > Mohan

    You are using two different programs to do two different things, so
    it's not surprising that you are getting different results. First, you
    are simply retrieving the contents of a particular URL without any
    processing or analysis. Then you are using a browser to retrieve the
    contents that that URL leads to, whether or not the contents are
    returned by requesting that URL.

    Two different processes, two different results.

    If you wan the result a browser will get, you have to act like a
    browser. It doesn't just retrieve contents, it analyzes and acts on
    them.

    DS

+ Reply to Thread