/etc/nsswitch.conf - Networking

This is a discussion on /etc/nsswitch.conf - Networking ; hi all, the following line is taken from my /etc/nsswitch.conf file hosts: files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns mdns4 can any one explain me what is meant by mdns4_minimal , [NOTFOUND=return], and mdns4...

  1. /etc/nsswitch.conf

    hi all,

    the following line is taken from my /etc/nsswitch.conf file

    hosts: files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns mdns4

    can any one explain me what is meant by mdns4_minimal ,
    [NOTFOUND=return], and mdns4

  2. Re: /etc/nsswitch.conf

    annalissa writes:

    > hi all,
    >
    > the following line is taken from my /etc/nsswitch.conf file
    >
    > hosts: files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns mdns4
    >

    > can any one explain me what is meant by mdns4_minimal ,
    > [NOTFOUND=return], and mdns4

    It would be best if you Google search for mdns4

    http://lists.alioth.debian.org/piper...ry/002365.html

    http://tech.waltco.biz/2008/02/02/ss...-gutsy-gibbon/

+ Reply to Thread