Monitoring Layer7 Network Bandwith and Activity - Networking

This is a discussion on Monitoring Layer7 Network Bandwith and Activity - Networking ; Hi, I have a problem. We have a firewall (sonicwall os) that protects 4 web server and 2 mail server. I wish to monitoring and realiza a graph and % of evary single thing that happen. i have evaluate the ...

  1. Monitoring Layer7 Network Bandwith and Activity

    Hi,
    I have a problem.
    We have a firewall (sonicwall os) that protects 4 web server and 2
    mail server.
    I wish to monitoring and realiza a graph and % of evary single thing
    that happen.

    i have evaluate the opportunity to buy a traffic shaping but before I
    wish to monitoring the traffic bandwith, witch sites are generating
    the major traffic ect..ect...
    I must operate in Layer7 mode.... I have no other way 'cause I have to
    analyze the single hostname request.

    There are some OpenSource App that provide me only the monitoring?
    there are some thats provide me also the shaping?

    Thanks a lot for the help!!

  2. Re: Monitoring Layer7 Network Bandwith and Activity

    Am Mon, 20 Oct 2008 03:51:04 -0700 schrieb Andrea:

    > Hi,
    > I have a problem.
    > We have a firewall (sonicwall os) that protects 4 web server and 2
    > mail server.

    1st replace sonicwall, we used also some but replaced this crap because
    the data throughput was horrible

    > I wish to monitoring and realiza a graph and % of evary single thing
    > that happen.

    You could do stuff like that with the logging modules in apache itself.

    > i have evaluate the opportunity to buy a traffic shaping but before I
    > wish to monitoring the traffic bandwith, witch sites are generating
    > the major traffic ect..ect...

    Use snmp on the web/mailserver and monitor the interfaces, you also can
    use mrtg, cricket etc. to generate a graph.

    > I must operate in Layer7 mode.... I have no other way 'cause I have to
    > analyze the single hostname request.

    cheers

+ Reply to Thread