Launching a script upon connecting the cable - Networking

This is a discussion on Launching a script upon connecting the cable - Networking ; Hi everyone, I'd like to launch a script whenever a cable is connected (and perhaps disconnected) to the netcard of my laptop. What's the daemon which could trigger the launch of my script? Perhaps udev or acpid? Could someone please ...

  1. Launching a script upon connecting the cable

    Hi everyone,
    I'd like to launch a script whenever a cable is connected (and perhaps
    disconnected) to the netcard of my laptop.
    What's the daemon which could trigger the launch of my script?
    Perhaps udev or acpid?
    Could someone please direct me to the right manpage and/or howto?
    Many thanks if you'd like to answer.

    --
    hamradio@toglimi.quipo.it
    ANTI-SPAM: please cut "toglimi." for my real e-mail address.