Meaning of allow access point roaming - Networking

This is a discussion on Meaning of allow access point roaming - Networking ; In Mandriva's wifi options, there's "allow access point roaming". Would this just allow roaming within a single network that had multiple access points (if I had such a thing) or will it make my laptop have a go at connecting ...

  1. Meaning of allow access point roaming

    In Mandriva's wifi options, there's "allow access point roaming". Would
    this just allow roaming within a single network that had multiple access
    points (if I had such a thing) or will it make my laptop have a go at
    connecting to all my neighbours' wifi routers (which might be embarrassing
    if they noticed).

  2. Re: Meaning of allow access point roaming

    On Oct 14, 4:31*am, Mike Thomas wrote:
    > In Mandriva's wifi options, there's "allow access point roaming". *Would
    > this just allow roaming within a single network that had multiple access
    > points (if I had such a thing)

    Yes.

    > or will it make my laptop have a go at
    > connecting to all my neighbours' wifi routers (which might be embarrassing
    > if they noticed).

    No.

    DS

+ Reply to Thread