Microsoft data ‘nerve center’ opens in Texas - Networking

This is a discussion on Microsoft data ‘nerve center’ opens in Texas - Networking ; Microsoft Corp. fired up its data “nerve center” in Westover Hills, Texas, on Monday. “With what’s going on in the economy, it’s great to be able to make a half-a-billion investment in San Antonio,” said Debra Chrapaty, Microsoft’s corporate vice ...

  1. Microsoft data ‘nerve center’ opens in Texas

    Microsoft Corp. fired up its data “nerve center” in Westover Hills,
    Texas, on Monday.

    “With what’s going on in the economy, it’s great to be able to make a
    half-a-billion investment in San Antonio,” said Debra Chrapaty,
    Microsoft’s corporate vice president for Global Foundation Services.

    With this 470,000-squarefoot, $550 million data center, Microsoft
    competes directly against Internet giants such as Google. The powers
    of the Internet have strategically placed these massive server farms
    around the country to handle the world’s growing need to move data
    electronically.

    Microsoft’s Live Search engine is one of the products the center
    supports.

    http://www.microsoftblog.info/

  2. Re: Microsoft data ‘nerve center’ opens in Texas

    abhi wrote:

    > Microsoft Corp. fired up its data “nerve center” in Westover Hills,
    > Texas, on Monday.
    >
    > “With what’s going on in the economy, it’s great to be able to make a
    > half-a-billion investment in San Antonio,” said Debra Chrapaty,
    > Microsoft’s corporate vice president for Global Foundation Services.
    >
    > With this 470,000-squarefoot, $550 million data center, Microsoft
    > competes directly against Internet giants such as Google. The powers
    > of the Internet have strategically placed these massive server farms
    > around the country to handle the world’s growing need to move data
    > electronically.
    >
    > Microsoft’s Live Search engine is one of the products the center
    > supports.
    >

    > http://www.microsoftblog.info/

    You'll need to tell someone who cares

  3. Re: Microsoft_data_nerve_center_opens_in_Texas

    On 2008-09-25, abhi wrote:

    > Microsoft Corp. fired up its data ?nerve center? in Westover Hills,
    > Texas, on Monday.

    [...]

    So, what version of linux are they using? I assume that's why this is
    posted here...

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)