Major and minor of /dev/hci0 - Networking

This is a discussion on Major and minor of /dev/hci0 - Networking ; Hello. I don't have /dev/hci* on my computer, could anybody give me the output of ls -l /dev/hci* Thanks! -- Fabrice DELENTE...

  1. Major and minor of /dev/hci0

    --
    Fabrice DELENTE

  2. Re: Major and minor of /dev/hci0

    Fabrice Delente wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I don't have /dev/hci* on my computer, could anybody give me the output of
    >
    > ls -l /dev/hci*
    >
    > Thanks!

    What are they?

    Robert

  3. Re: Major and minor of /dev/hci0

    On 06 Sep 2008, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in article
    <48c2c0ee$0$12022$426a74cc@news.free.fr>, Fabrice Delente wrote:

    >I don't have /dev/hci* on my computer, could anybody give me the output of
    >
    >ls -l /dev/hci*

    [selene ~]$ ls -l /dev/hci*
    [selene ~]$ grep hci /usr/share/misc/devices-2.6+.txt
    [selene ~]$

    ---------------
    The latest version of this list is available from
    http://www.lanana.org/docs/device-list/ or
    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/device-list/. This version may be
    newer than the one distributed with the Linux kernel.
    ---------------

    Want to explain what you think /dev/hci* might be?

    Old guy

  4. Re: Major and minor of /dev/hci0

    Robert Harris wrote:
    > What are they?

    hci0 is a device associated with a Bluetooth device.

    I'm trying to activate bluetooth on my laptop; lsusb shows me that I have a
    Bluetooth module

    Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0b05:1712 ASUSTek Computer, Inc. BT-183 Bluetooth 2.0+EDR adapter

    that I must activate with

    hciconfig hci0 up

    but this command gives

    Can't get device info: No such device

    so I supposed that I needed to have a /dev/hci0 created.

    --
    Fabrice DELENTE

+ Reply to Thread