Network Monitor released - Networking

This is a discussion on Network Monitor released - Networking ; Version 0.8 now released. What is SkipoleMonitor? ================= SkipoleMonitor is a free network monitor for Windows and Linux. On running the program, a GUI window appears, and hosts can be added, which Skipole Monitor will regularly ping, showing the results ...

  1. Network Monitor released

    Version 0.8 now released.
    What is SkipoleMonitor?
    =================

    SkipoleMonitor is a free network monitor for Windows and Linux. On running
    the program, a GUI window appears, and hosts can be added, which Skipole
    Monitor will regularly ping, showing the results via a built-in Web server.

    Hosts can be grouped, so the Web server will show group symbols which the
    viewer can open to inspect the hosts, or further sub-groups, within.
    As hosts (and groups of hosts) change status, SkipoleMonitor can be set to
    send email and syslog alerts.

    Written in Python, and uses the wxPython library, it has been tested on
    Windows and Linux.

    License : GPL

    Further details, including screenshots are available at:

    http://www.skipole.net

    =================
    Bernard Czenkusz
    bernie at skipole.co.uk

  2. Re: Network Monitor released

    Bernard Czenkusz wrote:

    > Written in Python, and uses the wxPython library, it has been tested on
    > Windows and Linux.

    FYI, I just installed it on a Windows 2000 system, and the web server
    refuses to start. The port is not in use, and I've tried a number of
    different ports with the same result.

  3. Re: Network Monitor released

    Interesting - unfortunately I don't have access to a Windows 2000 system,
    but if I manage to get hold of one I'll try it out & see if I can reproduce
    the problem. Thanks for the feedback anyway.

    For company information see http://www.skipole.co.uk

    "KR" wrote in message
    > Bernard Czenkusz wrote:
    >>
    >> Written in Python, and uses the wxPython library, it has been tested on
    >> Windows and Linux.

    > FYI, I just installed it on a Windows 2000 system, and the web server
    > refuses to start. The port is not in use, and I've tried a number of
    > different ports with the same result.

+ Reply to Thread