turn off reverse mapping checking? - Networking

This is a discussion on turn off reverse mapping checking? - Networking ; I now have a new ISP and when I ssh into my home computer I'm getting this message: reverse mapping checking getaddrinfo for [ ] failed - POSSIBLE BREAK-IN ATTEMPT! It's not a big deal but can the messages be ...

  1. turn off reverse mapping checking?

    I now have a new ISP and when I ssh into my home computer I'm getting

    reverse mapping checking getaddrinfo for
    [] failed - POSSIBLE BREAK-IN ATTEMPT!

    It's not a big deal but can the messages be turned off? I've tried

    StrictHostKeyChecking no
    CheckHostIP no
    VerifyHostKeyDNS no

    in /etc/ssh/ssh_config and

    UseDNS no

    in /etc/ssh/sshd_config (on the remote system).

    Bob T.

  2. Re: turn off reverse mapping checking?

    On 27 Aug 2008 14:34:04 GMT, Bob Tennent wrote:
    > I now have a new ISP and when I ssh into my home computer I'm getting
    >
    > reverse mapping checking getaddrinfo for
    > [] failed - POSSIBLE BREAK-IN ATTEMPT!
    >
    > It's not a big deal but can the messages be turned off?

    Re-starting sshd with option -u0 is supposed to do this, but it doesn't
    work for me. A simple brute-force solution is to use (a script that does)

    ssh host 2> /dev/null

    Bob T.

+ Reply to Thread