Can ISP detect when dial-ins are 'overloaded' ? - Networking

This is a discussion on Can ISP detect when dial-ins are 'overloaded' ? - Networking ; Surely ISP's can detect when the 'queue of dial-ins has increased so that the wait until next-stage will be excessive' ? My ppp-script is set to [say] 99 secsonds to exit if PAP hasn't confirmed. This means that when the ...

  1. Can ISP detect when dial-ins are 'overloaded' ?

    Surely ISP's can detect when the 'queue of dial-ins has
    increased so that the wait until next-stage will be excessive' ?

    My ppp-script is set to [say] 99 secsonds to exit if PAP hasn't
    confirmed. This means that when the ISP's load is high, I don't
    get an engaged signal, but rather I get the cost of a dud-call
    and an exit after the PAP timeout causes an exit.

    WTF don't the ISP[s] just send an engaged signal to their
    input-modem/s. To save their clients unnecesaary costs ?

    TIA,

    == Chris Glur.

  2. Re: Can ISP detect when dial-ins are 'overloaded' ?

    Am Wed, 27 Aug 2008 05:09:14 -0500 schrieb problems:

    > WTF don't the ISP[s] just send an engaged signal to their
    > input-modem/s. To save their clients unnecesaary costs ?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > == Chris Glur.

    the problem is more the quality of your line

+ Reply to Thread