I have a bunch of Fedora-machines with two gigabit ethernet cards. I am
interested in bonding these together to get an effective 2GB (or close)
backbone. So the goal is load balancing and not fault tolerence.

I've read up the bonding FAQ's and think I've a fair handle on how to do
things on the Fedora side. What I am unsure is if and how the switch is
going to influence the bonding.

I've a Dell PowerConnect 6200 Managed switch. Does the switch need to be
somehow made aware of the port bonding issues or will the things work out
of the box. Could people advise me of keywords to look for in my switch's
manual that will let me know if or not my switch is compatible with
ethernet bonding? I tried "trunking" but that's absent in my Switch Manual.

--
Rahul