Recommendation for Astaro Security Gateway replacement - Networking

This is a discussion on Recommendation for Astaro Security Gateway replacement - Networking ; Hi all I am trying to replace the ASG220 with a totally free solution. Have looked at a few distros, namely ipcop, endian, monowall, but can't come to a conclusion. Should I just build everything from scratch or just look ...

  1. Recommendation for Astaro Security Gateway replacement

    Hi all

    I am trying to replace the ASG220 with a totally free solution. Have
    looked at a few distros, namely ipcop, endian, monowall, but can't
    come to a conclusion. Should I just build everything from scratch or
    just look at a cisco solution?

    Current using ASG220 as firewall/7 port router/VPN server/NAT/NTP/DNS
    Forwarder/Policy Routing/DHCP. I have 3 WAN links, 1 DMZ and 3
    Internal Networks.

    Any recommendation?

  2. Re: Recommendation for Astaro Security Gateway replacement

    laichenkang wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I am trying to replace the ASG220 with a totally free solution. Have
    > looked at a few distros, namely ipcop, endian, monowall, but can't
    > come to a conclusion. Should I just build everything from scratch or
    > just look at a cisco solution?
    >
    > Current using ASG220 as firewall/7 port router/VPN server/NAT/NTP/DNS
    > Forwarder/Policy Routing/DHCP. I have 3 WAN links, 1 DMZ and 3
    > Internal Networks.
    >
    > Any recommendation?

    http://www.vyatta.com
    Can do what you require, and a lot more

    Regards,

    Igmar

  3. Re: Recommendation for Astaro Security Gateway replacement

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:58:03 +0200, Igmar Palsenberg rearranged some
    electrons to say:

    > laichenkang wrote:
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I am trying to replace the ASG220 with a totally free solution. Have
    >> looked at a few distros, namely ipcop, endian, monowall, but can't come
    >> to a conclusion. Should I just build everything from scratch or just
    >> look at a cisco solution?
    >>
    >> Current using ASG220 as firewall/7 port router/VPN server/NAT/NTP/DNS
    >> Forwarder/Policy Routing/DHCP. I have 3 WAN links, 1 DMZ and 3 Internal
    >> Networks.
    >>
    >> Any recommendation?

    > http://www.vyatta.com
    > Can do what you require, and a lot more
    >

    > Regards,
    >

    > Igmar

    Except the "totally free" part.

  4. Re: Recommendation for Astaro Security Gateway replacement

    david wrote:

    >> Regards,
    >>

    >> Igmar

    > Except the "totally free" part.

    And what in your opinion isn't free ? It's GPL2, an optional subscriptor
    for payd support doesn't make it less free.

    Igmar

+ Reply to Thread