Problem with multicast session and port. - Networking

This is a discussion on Problem with multicast session and port. - Networking ; Hi all.. i wrote program which receive multicast data from server. for single instance it was worked fine.. but i had problem for this scenario with two instance: 1. server (multicast group) 224.0.0.2 port 1010 2. Server (multicast group) 224.0.0.4 ...

  1. Problem with multicast session and port.

    Hi all..

    i wrote program which receive multicast data from server.
    for single instance it was worked fine..
    but i had problem for this scenario with two instance:

    1. server (multicast group) 224.0.0.2 port 1010
    2. Server (multicast group) 224.0.0.4 port 1010

    server was transmitting different files but when i open my
    received content both are same. When i used different port it was
    worked fine ie. it was received the different content well.

    I tried with REUSEPORT, REUSEADDR it is behaving same..
    Could any one help me how to resolve this problem in order to receive
    the two files even the port is same.

    regards,
    Ganesh

  2. Re: Problem with multicast session and port.

    gNash wrote:
    > Hi all..
    >
    > i wrote program which receive multicast data from server.
    > for single instance it was worked fine..
    > but i had problem for this scenario with two instance:
    >
    > 1. server (multicast group) 224.0.0.2 port 1010
    > 2. Server (multicast group) 224.0.0.4 port 1010
    >
    > server was transmitting different files but when i open my
    > received content both are same. When i used different port it was
    > worked fine ie. it was received the different content well.
    >
    > I tried with REUSEPORT, REUSEADDR it is behaving same..
    > Could any one help me how to resolve this problem in order to receive
    > the two files even the port is same.
    >
    > regards,
    > Ganesh

    hi,

    I had the same problem. Only solution (for me) was using different ports
    in a local lan connected to a multicast-capable switch (iirc the switch
    is able to handle 1024 concurrent multicast channels).
    So try using different ports instead of different multicast ip's. Retry
    sending both files on ip 224.0.0.2 but listening on different ports
    (lets say 1010 and 1011) and check the output if the clients.

    hth,
    klaus

  3. Re: Problem with multicast session and port.

    On Aug 10, 1:11*am, Klaus Stysch wrote:
    > gNash wrote:
    > > Hi all..

    > > * * * * * i wrote program which receive multicast data from server.
    > > for single instance it was worked fine..
    > > * * * * * but i had problem for this scenario *with two instance:

    > > * * * * * *1. * *server (multicast group) *224.0.0.2 * * * port 1010
    > > * * * * * *2. * *Server (multicast group) 224.0.0.4 ** * port 1010

    > > * * * * * server was transmitting different files but when i open my
    > > received content both are same. *When i used different port it was
    > > worked fine ie. it was received the different content well.

    > > * * * * * *I tried with REUSEPORT, REUSEADDR it is behavingsame..
    > > Could any one help me how to resolve this problem in order to receive
    > > the two files even the port is same.

    > > regards,
    > > Ganesh

    > hi,
    >
    > I had the same problem. Only solution (for me) was using different ports
    > in a local lan connected to a multicast-capable switch (iirc the switch
    > is able to handle 1024 concurrent multicast channels).
    > So try using different ports instead of different multicast ip's. Retry
    > sending both files on ip 224.0.0.2 but listening on different ports
    > (lets say 1010 and 1011) and check the output if the clients.
    >
    > hth,
    > * * klaus

    Hi, thanks for your suggestion...

    but i do not think this very best solution.. because if
    you take VLC player by network receiver option from multicast group it
    is working fine even it is receiving from same port but different
    address.

    thanks,
    Ganesh

+ Reply to Thread