kernel source - Networking

This is a discussion on kernel source - Networking ; hello. I've been trying to understand the source code for linux which is all written in c. But i am no table to figure out the header files included in that code. Can anyone please tell me where can i ...

  1. kernel source

    hello.
    I've been trying to understand the source code for linux which is all
    written in c.
    But i am no table to figure out the header files included in that
    code.
    Can anyone please tell me where can i get all references to those
    header files ( eg. mm.h, linux.h etc.).
    I downloaded this source from http://kernel.org.
    TIA

  2. Re: kernel source

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 22:54:01 -0700 (PDT), mu91t wrote:

    >hello.
    >I've been trying to understand the source code for linux which is all
    >written in c.
    >But i am no table to figure out the header files included in that
    >code.
    >Can anyone please tell me where can i get all references to those
    >header files ( eg. mm.h, linux.h etc.).
    >I downloaded this source from http://kernel.org.
    >TIA

    It's all there in the tarball, try looking under Documentation, failing
    that, 'use the source...'.

    Grant.
    --
    http://bugsplatter.id.au/

  3. Re: kernel source

    On Aug 6, 10:54*pm, mu91t wrote:
    > hello.
    > I've been trying to understand the source code for linux which is all
    > written in c.
    > But i am no table to figure out the header files included in that
    > code.
    > Can anyone please tell me where can i get all references to those
    > header files ( eg. mm.h, linux.h etc.).
    > I downloaded this source fromhttp://kernel.org.
    > TIA

    They're all there. For example, 'mm.h' is in the include/linux
    directory. There is 'linux.h'.

    DS

  4. Re: kernel source

    mu91t writes:

    >hello.
    >I've been trying to understand the source code for linux which is all
    >written in c.
    >But i am no table to figure out the header files included in that
    >code.
    >Can anyone please tell me where can i get all references to those
    >header files ( eg. mm.h, linux.h etc.).
    >I downloaded this source from http://kernel.org.
    >TIA

    ???? read the files. Learn C.

  5. Re: kernel source

    mu91t wrote:
    > hello.
    > I've been trying to understand the source code for linux which is all
    > written in c.
    > But i am no table to figure out the header files included in that
    > code.
    > Can anyone please tell me where can i get all references to those
    > header files ( eg. mm.h, linux.h etc.).
    > I downloaded this source from http://kernel.org.
    > TIA

    I can tell you where to find them. The header files are found in the directories
    in the include/* part of the source code tree, or they are in the directory of
    the file.

    If you want to know how to interpret them - I have been a kernel developer since
    2.5.15 (yes that really is a 5 in the middle), and I still do not understand
    very much of those header files.

    Larry

  6. Re: kernel source

    On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 06:35:03 +0000, Unruh wrote:

    > Learn C.

    In this case, the answer might more be "learn find".

    - Andrew

+ Reply to Thread