fedora 8 very slow - Networking

This is a discussion on fedora 8 very slow - Networking ; dear friends, as i m new to linux community and inhave just installed fedora 8 on my pc, every thing is fine, but i is running very slow . i hve installed dual boot winxp and fed8 together, my system ...

  1. fedora 8 very slow

    dear friends,
    as i m new to linux community and inhave just installed fedora 8 on my
    pc,
    every thing is fine, but i is running very slow .
    i hve installed dual boot winxp and fed8 together,
    my system configuration r
    p4 256mb RAM,
    40GB ide HARD DRIVE.
    SWAP SPACE 1GB.

    MY WINDOWS XP WORKS WELL BUT FEDORA HANGS AGAIN AND AGAIN.
    AS I USE COMMAND
    free -m
    OUTPUT:
    81% PHYSICAL USED
    2% SWAP USED.
    IS THR ANY WAY TO SPEED UP MY PC RATHER THEN TO GO OF FOR UPGRADATION

    HOPE QUISK REPLY FRIENDS.

    UR FRIEND

  2. Re: fedora 8 very slow

    On Aug 5, 10:32 am, fazu wrote:
    > dear friends,
    > as i m new to linux community and inhave just installed fedora 8 on my
    > pc,
    > every thing is fine, but i is running very slow .
    > i hve installed dual boot winxp and fed8 together,
    > my system configuration r
    > p4 256mb RAM,
    > 40GB ide HARD DRIVE.
    > SWAP SPACE 1GB.
    >
    > MY WINDOWS XP WORKS WELL BUT FEDORA HANGS AGAIN AND AGAIN.
    > AS I USE COMMAND
    > free -m
    > OUTPUT:
    > 81% PHYSICAL USED
    > 2% SWAP USED.
    > IS THR ANY WAY TO SPEED UP MY PC RATHER THEN TO GO OF FOR UPGRADATION
    >
    > HOPE QUISK REPLY FRIENDS.
    >
    > UR FRIEND

    -You may stop the services you don't need so the system boot process
    will be faster and the CPU will has less number of processes to
    handle, You may use ntsysv command to do so. Try to check the speed of
    your hard disk under fedora may there is some thing wrong related to
    the hard disk parameters or even the device driver of your IDE sub
    system as I found once before, for example using
    hdparm -tT /dev/sda or hda as you find on your system.
    Regards,

+ Reply to Thread