fedora 9 bootable disc - Networking

This is a discussion on fedora 9 bootable disc - Networking ; hello everyone i downloaded an .iso image of the fedora 9. can anybody please tell me how to make a bootable disc from that iso image...

  1. fedora 9 bootable disc

    hello everyone i downloaded an .iso image of the fedora 9. can anybody
    please tell me how to make a bootable disc from that iso image

  2. Re: fedora 9 bootable disc

    On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 07:19:19 -0700 (PDT), mu91t wrote:
    > hello everyone i downloaded an .iso image of the fedora 9. can anybody
    > please tell me how to make a bootable disc from that iso image

    You fire up your cd/dvd burning tool, pick a tool/function to burn image,
    select your iso, insert media and away you go.

    When done, open the cd with your file explorer and verify there are
    several files and directories, not just one directory.
    If one directory shows, you picked the wrong burning option and
    you get to start over.

    You may want to read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    That may enhance your linux experience.

    Without you providing what cd burning application/version more details
    cannot be provided.

    If you do not have a burning application, you might look here
    http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm

  3. Re: fedora 9 bootable disc

    On Aug 3, 7:39*pm, Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 07:19:19 -0700 (PDT), mu91t wrote:
    > > hello everyone i downloaded an .iso image of the fedora 9. can anybody
    > > please tell me how to make a bootable disc from that iso image

    > You fire up your cd/dvd burning tool, pick a tool/function to burn image,
    > select your iso, insert media and away you go.
    >
    > When done, open the cd with your file explorer and verify there are
    > several files and directories, not just one directory.
    > If one directory shows, you picked the wrong burning option and
    > you get to start over.
    >
    > You may want to readhttp://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    > That may enhance your linux experience.
    >
    > Without you providing what cd burning application/version more details
    > cannot be provided.
    >
    > If you do not have a burning application, you might look herehttp://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm

    thanks for the kind response buddy.
    i am using nero in windows. i have access to linux ubuntu as well. but
    in nero or in ubuntu cd burning tool there is no option to create a
    bootable cd/dvd. can i create it using "create data disc" option.
    tia

  4. Re: fedora 9 bootable disc

    mu91t wrote:

    > thanks for the kind response buddy.
    > i am using nero in windows. i have access to linux ubuntu as well. but
    > in nero or in ubuntu cd burning tool there is no option to create a
    > bootable cd/dvd. can i create it using "create data disc" option.
    > tia

    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

    --Benjamin Franklin

  5. Re: fedora 9 bootable disc

    On Aug 3, 9:31*am, mu91t wrote:

    > thanks for the kind response buddy.
    > i am using nero in windows. i have access to linux ubuntu as well. but
    > in nero or in ubuntu cd burning tool there is no option to create a
    > bootable cd/dvd. can i create it using "create data disc" option.
    > tia

    Launch Nero Express. Select 'Disk Image or Saved Project'. Select the
    ISO. Burn it.

    DS

  6. Re: fedora 9 bootable disc

    On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 09:31:06 -0700 (PDT), mu91t wrote:

    > i am using nero in windows. i have access to linux ubuntu as well. but
    > in nero or in ubuntu cd burning tool there is no option to create a
    > bootable cd/dvd. can i create it using "create data disc" option.

    I use k3b on linux. Under Tools, there is a burn dvd image.
    I pick dvd and watch it burn. :-)

  7. Re: fedora 9 bootable disc

    On Aug 5, 3:55*am, David Schwartz wrote:
    > On Aug 3, 9:31*am, mu91t wrote:
    >
    > > thanks for the kind response buddy.
    > > i am using nero in windows. i have access to linux ubuntu as well. but
    > > in nero or in ubuntu cd burning tool there is no option to create a
    > > bootable cd/dvd. can i create it using "create data disc" option.
    > > tia

    > Launch Nero Express. Select 'Disk Image or Saved Project'. Select the
    > ISO. Burn it.
    >
    > DS

    thanks a lot dude

  8. Re: fedora 9 bootable disc

    On Aug 3, 7:39*pm, Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 07:19:19 -0700 (PDT), mu91t wrote:
    > > hello everyone i downloaded an .iso image of the fedora 9. can anybody
    > > please tell me how to make a bootable disc from that iso image

    > You fire up your cd/dvd burning tool, pick a tool/function to burn image,
    > select your iso, insert media and away you go.
    >
    > When done, open the cd with your file explorer and verify there are
    > several files and directories, not just one directory.
    > If one directory shows, you picked the wrong burning option and
    > you get to start over.
    >
    > You may want to readhttp://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    > That may enhance your linux experience.
    >
    > Without you providing what cd burning application/version more details
    > cannot be provided.
    >
    > If you do not have a burning application, you might look herehttp://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm

    Hye,

    I Burnt the image on DVD. It shows many files , however when I try to
    boot from rom it does not work. Provided all booting options are
    correct

  9. Re: fedora 9 bootable disc

    On Sep 12, 11:35*am, hassan wrote:
    > On Aug 3, 7:39*pm, Bit Twister wrote:
    >

    > > On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 07:19:19 -0700 (PDT), mu91t wrote:
    > > > hello everyone i downloaded an .iso image of the fedora 9. can anybody
    > > > please tell me how to make a bootable disc from that iso image

    > > You fire up your cd/dvd burning tool, pick a tool/function to burn image,
    > > select your iso, insert media and away you go.

    > > When done, open the cd with your file explorer and verify there are
    > > several files and directories, not just one directory.
    > > If one directory shows, you picked the wrong burning option and
    > > you get to start over.

    > > You may want to readhttp://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    > > That may enhance your linux experience.

    > > Without you providing what cd burning application/version more details
    > > cannot be provided.

    > > If you do not have a burning application, you might look herehttp://www..ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm

    > Hye,
    >
    > I Burnt the image on DVD. It shows many files , however when I try to
    > boot from rom it does not work. Provided all booting options are
    > correct

    hey hassan check out whether you burnt the dvd right way.... use magic
    iso or nay other such s/f if using windows
    regards
    mu91t

+ Reply to Thread