    for that.
    TIA

  2. Re: shell commands

    On 2008-08-01, mu91t wrote:

    > hello everyone i've been using windows till now and just now i have
    > switched to linux(ubuntu).........
    > can anybody tell me a good book to understand shell programming and
    > kernels and the basics of the os........ is there any ebook available
    > for that.

    The documentation section of http://www.linux.org is rather nice.
    You'll find plenty of good reading there.

    --
    The sand remembers once there was beach and sunshine
    but chip is warm too

  3. Re: shell commands

    Rikishi 42 wrote:
    > On 2008-08-01, mu91t wrote:
    >
    >> hello everyone i've been using windows till now and just now i have
    >> switched to linux(ubuntu).........
    >> can anybody tell me a good book to understand shell programming and
    >> kernels and the basics of the os........ is there any ebook available
    >> for that.

    > The documentation section of http://www.linux.org is rather nice.
    > You'll find plenty of good reading there.

    Yes, there is plenty of good documentation at "The Linux Documentation
    Project" - just don't access it via http://www.linux.org

    Their web page shows Mendel Cooper's Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide at
    version 2.0*

    http://www.tldp.org/guides.html has version 5.4

    * IMHO a great contribution to the community

  4. Re: shell commands

    man bash. for real.

+ Reply to Thread