problem installing NIC - Networking

This is a discussion on problem installing NIC - Networking ; i use mandrake linux 2.4.8-22mdk.while compiling driver source for Dlink DFE-520TX PCI adapter there is a error given kernel sources not configured missing version.h. stop following the " make install" command...

  1. problem installing NIC

    i use mandrake linux 2.4.8-22mdk.while compiling driver source
    for Dlink DFE-520TX PCI adapter there is a error given
    kernel sources not configured
    missing version.h. stop
    following the " make install" command

  2. Re: problem installing NIC

    On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 23:36:18 -0700 (PDT), Indro wrote:
    > i use mandrake linux 2.4.8-22mdk.while compiling driver source

    Yea Gads, that is an old release. You are missing a ton of security updates.
    There is a pretty friendly group for answering Mandriva questions
    which you may want to subscribe to called alt.os.linux.mandriva

    > for Dlink DFE-520TX PCI adapter there is a error given

    If system can handel a PCI adapter, I would think you aught to update
    to a more current Mandriva release.

    http://www.mandriva.com/en/security/productlifetime

    > kernel sources not configured
    > missing version.h. stop

    Installing the kernel devel or kernel source package should
    get you farther down the compile path.

+ Reply to Thread