Hey, First time posting here. I am running a server from my dorm and am
planning on upgrading it to Ubuntu Hardy from xp. One of the things
that I like in XP is the remote desktop feature not because it has any
particular feature, but because its relatively fast on the dorms upload
connection (800 kbps max is a pain).

I was looking into remote desktop for ubuntu and caught wind of x11
forwarding, but I couldn't find much info on how it works. I would
rather it not take screencaps like VLC does due to my low bandwidth
connection. My question is approx. how much bandwidth will having a
remote x11 session cost me in terms of bandwidth?