I need help with wireless on Dell D600 - Networking

This is a discussion on I need help with wireless on Dell D600 - Networking ; I need help getting my laptop working with wireless. I have a Dell D600 laptop. I bought a Belkin PCMCIA card and can't make it work. I have tried to get it working in several Linux versions but no go. ...

  1. I need help with wireless on Dell D600

    I need help getting my laptop working with wireless.
    I have a Dell D600 laptop. I bought a Belkin PCMCIA card and can't make it work.
    I have tried to get it working in several Linux versions but no go.
    lspci does not show that I have the card plugged in. Anyway! I am at my wits end.
    I would like to know what PCMCIA card you use to run wireless and also which
    version of Linux.
    My router is D-Link WBR 1310
    Any hints or help will be appreciated.

    --
    Leon
    A computer without Microsoft is like a chocolate cake without mustard.

  2. Re: I need help with wireless on Dell D600

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:17:18 +0000, Leon Whyte wrote:

    > I need help getting my laptop working with wireless. I have a Dell D600
    > laptop....snip
    > Any hints or help will be appreciated.

    take the Belkin back to the store and get yourself a used Intel2200b/g
    internal card on eBuy. I have 20 D600's running Slack12 wirelessly in my
    classroom and all is good.

  3. Re: I need help with wireless on Dell D600

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:17:18 GMT
    Leon Whyte wrote:

    [...]
    > I have a Dell D600 laptop. I bought a Belkin PCMCIA card and can't make it
    > work. I have tried to get it working in several Linux versions but no go.
    > lspci does not show that I have the card plugged in. Anyway! I am at my wits
    > end. I would like to know what PCMCIA card you use to run wireless and also
    > which version of Linux. My router is D-Link WBR 1310. Any hints or help will
    > be appreciated.

    I have no idea about your router. However, I use a D-Link AirPlus XtremeG
    DWL-G650 PCMCIA adapter with my Compaq Armada M700 business laptop. This card
    has an Atheros chip in it. It works with either the 'madwifi' driver or using
    ndiswrapper with the XP 'doze driver. I am currently using Mandriva 2008.1 on
    the laptop.

    Actually, at this very moment I am connected to my office desktop with VNC
    using this adapter over our wireless Linksys router. I am answering you using
    this connection from my company break room (the kitchen at my home ).

    Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    blog.eracc.com latest article: http://preview.tinyurl.com/5qvng7
    'Mandriva Linux Upgrades from Repositories Using urpmi'
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

+ Reply to Thread