SAMBA won't sync browser lists - Networking

This is a discussion on SAMBA won't sync browser lists - Networking ; I have setup a Linux system and installed SAMBA, and I need it to function as 'Domain Master Browser' for my workgroup to span subnets. I can see from the nmbd.log that it gets and process requests from LMB on ...

  1. SAMBA won't sync browser lists

    I have setup a Linux system and installed SAMBA, and I need it to
    function as 'Domain Master Browser' for my workgroup to span subnets.
    I can see from the nmbd.log that it gets and process requests from LMB
    on other subnets, but I never see in 'Net'Neighborhood' were it shows
    both subnets.

    How do I debug this ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: SAMBA won't sync browser lists

    In news:df8d1db6-464a-4c98-b6a1-d714a11f2d48@26g2000hsk.googlegroups.com,
    sid typed:

    > I have setup a Linux system and installed SAMBA, and I need it to
    > function as 'Domain Master Browser' for my workgroup to span subnets.
    > I can see from the nmbd.log that it gets and process requests from LMB
    > on other subnets, but I never see in 'Net'Neighborhood' were it shows
    > both subnets.
    >
    > How do I debug this ?

    If you want M$ functionality (ha!) then stay with M$. If youre having
    problems with SAMBA then post in linux.samba -- "domain master browser" is a
    complete ****ing marketing joke.

+ Reply to Thread