get system prot using with process - Networking

This is a discussion on get system prot using with process - Networking ; how can i get which port is used by which process? same as netstat...

  1. get system prot using with process

    how can i get which port is used by which process?
    same as netstat

  2. Re: get system prot using with process

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 05:59:27 -0700 (PDT), xzen wrote:
    > how can i get which port is used by which process?
    > same as netstat

    man netstat

    Putting which port is used by which process netstat
    in the first box at http://groups.google.com/advanced_search
    and asterisk linux asterisk in the news group box we find

    Results 1 - 10 of about 3,420 for which port is used by which process
    netstat group:*linux*

  3. Re: get system prot using with process

    On Jun 15, 5:59*am, xzen wrote:
    > how can i get which port is used by which process?
    > same as netstat

    Run, as root:
    netstat -a --program

    DS

  4. Re: get system prot using with process

    On Jun 18, 11:44*pm, David Schwartz wrote:
    > On Jun 15, 5:59*am, xzen wrote:
    >
    > > how can i get which port is used by which process?
    > > same as netstat

    > Run, as root:
    > netstat -a --program

    I have a short cut for all purposes (except routing table):

    netstat -tapln

    In effect I forgot which option is for what function :-)

    Regards
    Artur

  5. Re: get system prot using with process

    On Jun 15, 5:59 pm, xzen wrote:
    > how can i get which port is used by which process?
    > same as netstat

    If you mean from your program,
    "strace -o trace netstat" would tell you it does and do that.
    In case you are lazy to run that command i reads files like
    /proc/net/tcp, /proc/net/udp etc.

    -- Rohit

+ Reply to Thread