ADVERT: Secure communications - Networking

This is a discussion on ADVERT: Secure communications - Networking ; C12-GAMMA; a free/open-source E-mail security tool for BSD/Linux: http://www.leopard.uk.com/cion [ probably the most important cryptography software ever written; because it contains the CipherPacket source-code/algorithm ]...

  1. ADVERT: Secure communications

    C12-GAMMA; a free/open-source E-mail security tool for BSD/Linux:

    http://www.leopard.uk.com/cion

    [ probably the most important cryptography software ever written;
    because it contains the CipherPacket source-code/algorithm ]

  2. Re: ADVERT: Secure communications

    On Jun 10, 12:56*am, robin_car...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    > C12-GAMMA; a free/open-source E-mail security tool for BSD/Linux:
    >
    > http://www.leopard.uk.com/cion
    >
    > [ probably the most important cryptography software ever written;
    > * because it contains the CipherPacket source-code/algorithm ]

    1) Not open source. This has been explained to the author many times,
    and the claim is still repeated.

    2) Not a single cryptography expert agrees with the author's
    assessment of its importance.

    3) Makes incoherent claims like "Innovative Cipher-Packet technique
    hides ciphertext in padding thus preventing cryptanalysis."

    4) http://www.leopard.uk.com/L14-SECURITY.TXT
    This speaks for itself, as it is full of howlers.

    Note that I scanned the software quickly, and I didn't not see any
    obvious cryptographic weaknesses. However, I wouldn't use it simply
    because it's innovative, and that's a recipe for disaster.

    DS

+ Reply to Thread