postfix rate limit - Networking

This is a discussion on postfix rate limit - Networking ; hello everyone i need to control my users from sending too much email . can i configure postfix to limit the number of the emails that my users can send in a time period ? for example , each user ...

  1. postfix rate limit

    hello everyone
    i need to control my users from sending too much email .
    can i configure postfix to limit the number of the emails that my
    users can send in a time period ?
    for example , each user (IP address) can be able to send just 5
    message's in 10 minute .
    is it possible ?
    thanks in anticipation .

  2. Re: postfix rate limit

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:48:29 -0700, Nasser Heidari wrote:

    > hello everyone
    > i need to control my users from sending too much email . can i configure
    > postfix to limit the number of the emails that my users can send in a
    > time period ?
    > for example , each user (IP address) can be able to send just 5
    > message's in 10 minute .
    > is it possible ?
    > thanks in anticipation .

    I don't know if it's the 'right' way or the 'only' way... but you can use
    a policy script that runs with each email and you could script it that
    way. It's probably too much work for what you want to do.. but it can be
    done that way...

    --
    D.A.M. - Mothers Against Dyslexia

    see http://www.jacksnodgrass.com for my contact info.