reverse ipv6 dns lookup in a script, using, for example,/usr/bin/host utility ? - Networking

This is a discussion on reverse ipv6 dns lookup in a script, using, for example,/usr/bin/host utility ? - Networking ; How do I do reverse ipv6 dns lookup in a script, in particular using /usr/bin/host utility ? Thanks Viki...

  1. reverse ipv6 dns lookup in a script, using, for example,/usr/bin/host utility ?

    How do I do reverse ipv6 dns lookup in a script,
    in particular using /usr/bin/host utility ?

    Thanks
    Viki

  2. Re: reverse ipv6 dns lookup in a script, using, for example,/usr/bin/host utility ?

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:28:34 -0700 (PDT), viki wrote:
    > How do I do reverse ipv6 dns lookup in a script,

    You could put results into an array and parse it.
    You can use a while loop to read command,
    you can pipe command into a file and use a while
    loop to read the file.

    You can use "set" to parse a line.
    man set (then man man to find set builtin)

    You can modify IFS to parse fields out of a word.

    > in particular using /usr/bin/host utility ?

    man host
    to get command line arguments for ipv6.

    Actual commands/method selected may be found in
    http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/index.html

+ Reply to Thread