< I've seen 10/100 for a long time, but is the 100/1000 even
possible? >

I've been using gigabit switches (10/100/1000) for nearly five years
now. The best application is transferring gigantic video files. Works
best if Cat6 cable is installed, otherwise it falls back to 10/100.

Robert

--

So is it literally impossible (even at point blank range w/ no
obstructions) to get that upper speed using wireless?

--

In a technical, sense of semantics, fiber optic cable is wireless (no
wires) and has blazing speed above all other transmission protocols.

Robert