How to interpret this - Networking

This is a discussion on How to interpret this - Networking ; On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 23:26:11 -0500, Moe Trin wrote: > On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, > in article > , > David Schwartz wrote: >>And they will lose out on the value of the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: How to interpret this

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 23:26:11 -0500, Moe Trin wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking,
    > in article
    > ,
    > David Schwartz wrote:

    >>And they will lose out on the value of the anonymous speech.

    > Oh, that's simply terrible.

    The value of scoring googleposts at -9999 has just been proven. (S+N)/N
    is really too low.

  2. Re: How to interpret this

    David Schwartz wrote:

    >On Apr 12, 8:50 am, Unruh wrote:

    >> Note the non-anonymity in
    >> payment does not necessarily mean non-annonymity in posting.

    >There are plenty of people in jail who would disagree with you. The
    >United States is not the whole planet.

    David - a free clue. If you look at the mail address of the person
    you are quoting (or the IP address - it's 154.5.191.105 if you are
    unable to figure that one too), The 'ubc.ca' does NOT stand for
    the "University at Berzerkeley, California". And in case your
    geographical understanding is that horrible, British Columbia is
    in Canada - the next country to the North. Their laws are just a
    tiny bit different from those in the USA.

    You're just creating noise, and not adding anything useful to the
    discussion. Don't bother.

    Old guy

  3. Re: How to interpret this

    On Apr 13, 9:51 am, ibupro...@painkiller.example.tld (Moe Trin) wrote:

    > >There are plenty of people in jail who would disagree with you. The
    > >United States is not the whole planet.

    > David - a free clue. If you look at the mail address of the person
    > you are quoting (or the IP address - it's 154.5.191.105 if you are
    > unable to figure that one too), The 'ubc.ca' does NOT stand for
    > the "University at Berzerkeley, California". And in case your
    > geographical understanding is that horrible, British Columbia is
    > in Canada - the next country to the North. Their laws are just a
    > tiny bit different from those in the USA.

    Umm, unless there are lots of people in jail for disagreeing with the
    Canadian government that I don't know about, there is no relevant
    difference between the United States and Canada.

    DS

  4. Re: How to interpret this

    Moe Trin wrote:

    > "I have no evidence" - Tell me - how many people responded to this
    > thread.

    I think most people stopped paying attention to this thread as soon as
    it became an off-topic private battlefield. The fact that it became
    off-topic is the reason for lack of response, not whether or not people
    kill-filed it.

    -R-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2