Problem with Debian Etch and NTP - Networking

This is a discussion on Problem with Debian Etch and NTP - Networking ; Ă€ngel CatalĂ* wrote: > I have changed /etc/default/rcS in this way: > 1. Changed UTC=no > 2. Added HWCLOCKPARS=--directisa That's good > Then I have rebooted the laptop, and then on a shell I have typed the > command you ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Problem with Debian Etch and NTP

    Ă€ngel CatalĂ* wrote:
    > I have changed /etc/default/rcS in this way:

    > 1. Changed UTC=no
    > 2. Added HWCLOCKPARS=--directisa

    That's good

    > Then I have rebooted the laptop, and then on a shell I have typed the
    > command you listed me. These are the outcomes:

    Did you boot into Windows, first, to set the time correctly? This is an
    essential step.

    > date:
    > thu apr 10 11:19:46 CEST 2008

    Was this really the correct time when you ran the command? Looking at
    the NNTP headers, it looks like this was two hours ahead of where it
    should be.

    Please would you reboot into Windows and set the time correctly. Then
    reboot into Linux and repeat the four commands for me. Also, please
    would you indicate what the time really is (I forgot to ask for that
    last time!)

    Thanks
    Chris

  2. Re: Problem with Debian Etch and NTP

    Chris Davies escribiĂł:
    > Ă€ngel CatalĂ* wrote:
    >> I have changed /etc/default/rcS in this way:

    >> 1. Changed UTC=no
    >> 2. Added HWCLOCKPARS=--directisa

    > That's good
    >

    >> Then I have rebooted the laptop, and then on a shell I have typed the
    >> command you listed me. These are the outcomes:

    > Did you boot into Windows, first, to set the time correctly? This is an
    > essential step.
    >

    >> date:
    >> thu apr 10 11:19:46 CEST 2008

    > Was this really the correct time when you ran the command? Looking at
    > the NNTP headers, it looks like this was two hours ahead of where it
    > should be.
    >

    > Please would you reboot into Windows and set the time correctly. Then
    > reboot into Linux and repeat the four commands for me. Also, please
    > would you indicate what the time really is (I forgot to ask for that
    > last time!)
    >
    > Thanks
    > Chris

    Hi again,

    I have rebooted the laptop and selected Windows. Time in Windows was the
    right one (12:50). Then a I have rebooted into Linux, and... the time
    was also right now !! (12:53). So I have shut down the laptop, and then
    I have booted it again into Linux and the time is still right 12:55.

    Now it's 13:01 and these are the outputs to:

    date:
    thu apr 10 13:01:47 CEST 2008

    date -u:
    thu apr 10 11:01:50 UTC 2008

    hwclock --directisa --show --noadjfile --localtime
    thu 10 apr 2008 13:02:03 CEST -0.885838 seconds

    hwclock --directisa --show --noadjfile --utc
    thu 10 apr 2008 15:02:08 CEST -0.617001 seconds

    I wish tomorrow time will be still coherent between Windows and Linux.

    Thanks and best regards

  3. Re: Problem with Debian Etch and NTP

    Ă€ngel CatalĂ* wrote:
    > I have rebooted the laptop and selected Windows. Time in Windows was the
    > right one (12:50). Then a I have rebooted into Linux, and... the time
    > was also right now !! (12:53). So I have shut down the laptop, and then
    > I have booted it again into Linux and the time is still right 12:55.

    Excellent. Looks like we've solved it, then.

    > I wish tomorrow time will be still coherent between Windows and Linux.

    But of course :-)

    Regards,
    Chris

  4. Re: Problem with Debian Etch and NTP

    Chris Davies escribiĂł:
    > Ă€ngel CatalĂ* wrote:
    >> I have rebooted the laptop and selected Windows. Time in Windows was the
    >> right one (12:50). Then a I have rebooted into Linux, and... the time
    >> was also right now !! (12:53). So I have shut down the laptop, and then
    >> I have booted it again into Linux and the time is still right 12:55.

    > Excellent. Looks like we've solved it, then.
    >

    >> I wish tomorrow time will be still coherent between Windows and Linux.

    > But of course :-)
    >
    > Regards,
    > Chris

    The problem is definitely solved. I have boot with Windows and with
    Linux, and I get always the right time.

    Thanks Chris for your time, I appreciate it a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2