Ping Request Timed Out? - Networking

This is a discussion on Ping Request Timed Out? - Networking ; Hi I have installed a network at home and found out that I do get the above error from time to. i.e. ping 192.168.1.2 -n 550, would result in 15 packets timed out. Is this an acceptable loss, or do ...

  1. Ping Request Timed Out?

    Hi I have installed a network at home and found out that I do get the above
    error from time to.

    i.e. ping 192.168.1.2 -n 550, would result in 15 packets timed out. Is this
    an acceptable loss, or do I have to have 100% susses rate?
    if this is not an acceptable loss, any ideas as to what is causing it!
    checked the wiring and that seems fine.

    I'm using Windows XP sp2 with a Belkin ADSL modem/router

    cheers

    dogo

  2. Re: Ping Request Timed Out?

    If you have xp firewall installed, it most likely will block the ping
    request.

  3. Re: Ping Request Timed Out?

    Cheers for the info! but no its turnned off!

    "BravesCharm" wrote in message
    news:1102433096.324825.102820@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    > If you have xp firewall installed, it most likely will block the ping
    > request.

+ Reply to Thread