Using tc in VmWare Fedora - Networking

This is a discussion on Using tc in VmWare Fedora - Networking ; Hi , I have VmWare running on Windows XP and I have installed Fedora Core 6 as the OS. iptables et al are working perfectly but when it comes to traffic controller (tc), it just does not seem to be ...

  1. Using tc in VmWare Fedora

    Hi ,
    I have VmWare running on Windows XP and I have installed
    Fedora Core 6 as the OS. iptables et al are working perfectly but
    when it comes to traffic controller (tc), it just does not seem to be
    obeying any of the rules...

    For example when I gave
    $ tc qdisc add dev eth0 root delay 100ms
    the command is accepted without error, but does not reflect in the
    ping response..
    I tried ping with -I to bind the eth0 interface, but still did not
    give me the desired results.

    The same command is working on a pure Fedora Core 6 desktop..

    Can someone guide me how I can debug tc or if I am missing any steps.

    Thanks,
    Sandeep

  2. Re: Using tc in VmWare Fedora

    R C V wrote:
    > Hi ,
    > I have VmWare running on Windows XP and I have installed
    > Fedora Core 6 as the OS. iptables et al are working perfectly but
    > when it comes to traffic controller (tc), it just does not seem to be
    > obeying any of the rules...
    >
    > For example when I gave
    > $ tc qdisc add dev eth0 root delay 100ms
    > the command is accepted without error, but does not reflect in the
    > ping response..
    > I tried ping with -I to bind the eth0 interface, but still did not
    > give me the desired results.
    >
    > The same command is working on a pure Fedora Core 6 desktop..
    >
    > Can someone guide me how I can debug tc or if I am missing any steps.

    you are missing netem

    tc qdisc add dev eth0 root netem delay 100ms

    I've not tried tc on vmware though, so you may hit other problems.

    Andy.

+ Reply to Thread