Strange behavior of NetworkManager and keyring [Hardy and Gutsy] - Networking

This is a discussion on Strange behavior of NetworkManager and keyring [Hardy and Gutsy] - Networking ; I am running Ubuntu Hardy on one laptop and Gutsy on another. (the latter is being upgraded to Hardy as I write this). What concerns me is I cannot figure out why NetworkManager sometimes asks for a keyring password, and ...

  1. Strange behavior of NetworkManager and keyring [Hardy and Gutsy]

    I am running Ubuntu Hardy on one laptop and Gutsy on another. (the
    latter is being upgraded to Hardy as I write this).

    What concerns me is I cannot figure out why NetworkManager sometimes
    asks for a keyring password, and sometimes does not. Specifically, on
    one laptop it seems to always ask for keyring password, and on another
    laptop it happily proceeds to connect to WPA without asking. I am
    really glad that it is the case for the second laptop, as it is a 6 yr
    old's laptop, but I want same behavior for my own laptop.

    Note, keyring password is a password that unlocks the keyring where
    real wifi passwords are stored. At no point I am re-asked to re-enter
    my WPA password. Just the keyring one.

    Any idea?

    Ideally I would like NM to learn the passwords and just use them when
    necessary, without asking for a keyring password.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Strange behavior of NetworkManager and keyring [Hardy andGutsy]

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 23:53:31 -0500
    Ignoramus3733 wrote:

    >Ideally I would like NM to learn the passwords and just use them when
    >necessary, without asking for a keyring password.

    Did you create a profile in NM and save it?

    --
    Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you.
    ;-)

+ Reply to Thread