Routing - Networking

This is a discussion on Routing - Networking ; I have a mobile device that connects to a server. I want to monitor the data going to the server, but I have no access to the server. So I want to point the mobile device to my host and ...

  1. Routing

    I have a mobile device that connects to a server. I want to monitor the
    data going to the server, but I have no access to the server.

    So I want to point the mobile device to my host and then forward the
    packets on to the server. Packets returned to my host from the server
    would in turn be forwarded to the mobile device.

    I'm not sure how to go about this. I'm assuming that iptables is the way
    to go? Using masquerading?

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Dan

  2. Re: Routing

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 02:43:01 +0000, Dan N wrote:

    > I'm not sure how to go about this. I'm assuming that iptables is the
    > way to go? Using masquerading?

    I've managed to get something working with DNAT and SNAT.

    Dan

  3. Re: Routing

    Hello,

    Dan N a écrit :

    >>I'm not sure how to go about this. I'm assuming that iptables is the
    >>way to go? Using masquerading?

    > I've managed to get something working with DNAT and SNAT.

    Another method may have been to use a relay/proxy such as rinetd, socat,
    redir, 6tunnel, stone, simpleproxy...

+ Reply to Thread