Disable sending ICMPV6 redirects on IPV6 - Networking

This is a discussion on Disable sending ICMPV6 redirects on IPV6 - Networking ; Hello, I try to find out how to disable a Linux machine (acting as a router) from sending ICMPV6 redirects ; There is : /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/accept_redirects but I cannot find /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/send_redirects (In IPV4 there is both /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/send_redirects and /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/accept_redirects) Maybe it ...

  1. Disable sending ICMPV6 redirects on IPV6

    Hello,
    I try to find out how to disable a Linux machine (acting as a router)
    from sending ICMPV6 redirects ;

    There is : /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/accept_redirects
    but I cannot find /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/send_redirects

    (In IPV4 there is both /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/send_redirects and
    /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/accept_redirects)

    Maybe it is impossible to disable a Linux machine from sending
    ICMPV6 redirects?
    Any ideas?

    Regards,
    Ian

  2. Re: Disable sending ICMPV6 redirects on IPV6

    Hello,

    ianbrn@gmail.com a écrit :
    > I try to find out how to disable a Linux machine (acting as a router)
    > from sending ICMPV6 redirects ;
    >
    > There is : /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/accept_redirects
    > but I cannot find /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/send_redirects
    >
    > Maybe it is impossible to disable a Linux machine from sending
    > ICMPV6 redirects?

    As a last resort, you can drop them with an ip6tables rule :

    ip6tables -A OUTPUT -p icmpv6 --icmpv6-type redirect -j DROP

+ Reply to Thread