Ok, this is making me crazy...

I have a linux (debian) NIS master which I'm upgrading to a 2.6
kernel.

When booted in the 2.4 kernel, everything works fine. When booted with
the 2.6 kernel everything seems to work fine - network comes up, the
routing works fine - but ypbind tries to start and then timesout.

This prevents all clients from connecting.

I don't know what could be causing this... i've added -no-dbus to the
startup flags and everything, but to tell the truth i'm a little
unclear why a master will be starting ypbind in the first place - the
config in /etc/default/nis says to not start it.

Anyway... I've not managed to find anyone with the same problem.

Any ideas?

Marcus