rsyncing a file - Networking

This is a discussion on rsyncing a file - Networking ; Hi, I would like to rsync a file not using ssh by rsync and have tried following: [little client] reg@NovaxPRG-T1111:/usr/share/NovaxTSP$ rsync --password-file=pwd log_record root@192.168.101.3::PRG-LOG/ ERROR: module is read only rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(805) [receiver=2.6.9] ...

  1. rsyncing a file

    Hi,

    I would like to rsync a file not using ssh by rsync and have tried
    following:
    [little client]
    reg@NovaxPRG-T1111:/usr/share/NovaxTSP$ rsync --password-file=pwd log_record
    root@192.168.101.3::PRG-LOG/
    ERROR: module is read only
    rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(805) [receiver=2.6.9]
    rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
    rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(605)
    [sender=2.6.9]
    [/little dclient]

    [server /etc/rsyncd.conf]
    # Minimal configuration file for rsync daemon
    # See rsync(1) and rsyncd.conf(5) man pages for help

    # This line is required by the /etc/init.d/rsyncd script
    pid file = /var/run/rsyncd.pid
    use chroot = yes

    # Simple example for enabling your own local rsync server
    [PRG-LOG]
    path = /usr/share/NovaxTSP/logs
    comment = PRG logfile
    [/server /etc/rsyncd.conf]

    Any help would be appreciated! I don't know why it says the module is read
    only, /usr/share/NovaxTSP is chmoded 777 and the user is root anyways.

    Btw: I'm not using ssh because i want to avoid any password prompts and i do
    not have a chance to get a key file and i settled on rsync rather than ftp
    because we already have rsync installed on the server.
    chEErs roN
    --
    chEErs roN

  2. Re: rsyncing a file

    test@example.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to rsync a file not using ssh by rsync and have tried
    > following:
    > [little client]
    > reg@NovaxPRG-T1111:/usr/share/NovaxTSP$ rsync --password-file=pwd log_record
    > root@192.168.101.3::PRG-LOG/
    > ERROR: module is read only

    By default, an rsync server makes all 'modules' read-only. If you want to
    be able to upload files to a module, you need 'read only = false' in
    the rsyncd.conf configuration file.

+ Reply to Thread