Serial communication - Networking

This is a discussion on Serial communication - Networking ; Hi, I need to establish an automatic communication on a serial line with a gsm. I'm wondering whether it is possible to issue some commands in a script fashion so that I have not to put commands by hand every ...

  1. Serial communication

    Hi,
    I need to establish an automatic communication on a serial line with a
    gsm. I'm wondering whether it is possible to issue some commands in a
    script fashion so that I have not to put commands by hand every time I
    need to send a SMS, for instance. I'd like not to spend too much time
    making a C program.
    What I need it is a method to feed a serial terminal (like cu or
    minicom) with scripted command, skipping the interactive mode.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Serial communication

    On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:51:01 -0700, frances.albanese wrote:

    [...]
    > What I need it is a method to feed a serial terminal (like cu or
    > minicom) with scripted command, skipping the interactive mode.

    I would and do use c-kermit for this. Do a web search for "c-kermit".

    Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

  3. Re: Serial communication

    frances.albanese@gmail.com writes:

    >Hi,

    Ho!

    >I need to establish an automatic communication on a serial line with a
    >gsm. I'm wondering whether it is possible to issue some commands in a
    >script fashion

    >What I need it is a method to feed a serial terminal (like cu or
    >minicom) with scripted command, skipping the interactive mode.

    What about minicom?

    http://www.google.de/linux?hl=de&q=m...nG=Suche&meta=

    good luck, Holger

  4. Re: Serial communication

    Using expect worked very well (I was able to collect and process data
    easily scripting in tcl language).

    Thanks a lot

+ Reply to Thread