Firefox 3 thinks Iam "offline" -- nothing could be further from the truth - Networking

This is a discussion on Firefox 3 thinks Iam "offline" -- nothing could be further from the truth - Networking ; I am running ubuntu hardy Alpha. It mostly runs OK, with some glitches of minor importance. It has firefox 3. It has a "offline" mode that it enters when I am not on internet. The problem is that when I ...

  1. Firefox 3 thinks Iam "offline" -- nothing could be further from the truth

    I am running ubuntu hardy Alpha. It mostly runs OK, with some glitches
    of minor importance.

    It has firefox 3. It has a "offline" mode that it enters when I am not
    on internet.

    The problem is that when I use a "mobile broadband" card as a serial
    modem /dev/ttyUSB0, Firefox mistakenly thinks that I am offline. I am
    not. So I have to turn the offline mode off, and then manually reload
    all windows.

    I do not really give a flying fsck about offline mode and do not use
    firefox when I am offline. So I just want to never enter that offline
    mode, or, even better, teach firefox to recognizethat I am
    online. Maybe mention ppp0 in /etc/network/interfaces.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Firefox 3 thinks Iam "offline" -- nothing could be further fromthe truth

    On Mar 12, 7:48 pm, Ignoramus25581 25581.invalid> wrote:
    > I do not really give a flying fsck about offline mode and do not use
    > firefox when I am offline. So I just want to never enter that offline
    > mode, or, even better, teach firefox to recognizethat I am
    > online. Maybe mention ppp0 in /etc/network/interfaces.

    I don't know a good solution to your problem, but this extension can
    probably at least save you a few mouse clicks:

    DS

  3. Re: Firefox 3 thinks Iam "offline" -- nothing could be further from the truth

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:48:28 -0500, Ignoramus25581
    wrote:

    >It has firefox 3. It has a "offline" mode that it enters when I am not
    >on internet.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    Report the "automatic offline" to the develppers as a bug ?
    After all, FF 3 is _Beta_
    --
    buck

+ Reply to Thread