2 network 1 router with 3 nics. I need the NAT as well. Possible? - Networking

This is a discussion on 2 network 1 router with 3 nics. I need the NAT as well. Possible? - Networking ; Hello, I am fairly new at linux , so please bear with me. I would like to setup a linux router consisting of three nics. ETH0 = WAN ETH1 = 10.100.x.x and 10.5.x.x ETH2 = Connected to a Switch I ...

  1. 2 network 1 router with 3 nics. I need the NAT as well. Possible?

    Hello,

    I am fairly new at linux , so please bear with me.

    I would like to setup a linux router consisting of three nics.

    ETH0 = WAN
    ETH1 = 10.100.x.x and 10.5.x.x
    ETH2 = Connected to a Switch

    I need to NAT only ip address with the range of 10.100.XXX out to ETH0
    ( WAN ) any other range like 10.5.xx etc needs to exit via ETH2 which
    is connected to the rest of my LAN network. At the same time, granted
    if this is possible, I need to add rules to block any incoming/
    outgoing packets from entering/exiting via eth0 to enter the ETH2 NIC
    card. ( basicly any NAT ip address cannot enter the ETH2 NIC into the
    rest of the lan )

    I believe I need to do this via IP tables and work with setting up
    static routes. Do you guys recommend for me to setup a full blown
    server with mandrake or redhat or download a router distro like IPcop
    or smoothwall?

    have any of you guys done this before? is it doable? how can I
    proceed with it?

    Please advise and many thanks for your input.

  2. Re: 2 network 1 router with 3 nics. I need the NAT as well. Possible?

    ipcop can be a little simplistic, and ipcop is an enhancement of
    smoothwall.

    try untangle maybe.

    http://www.untangle.com/

    Dean