Query regarding netfilter hooks - Networking

This is a discussion on Query regarding netfilter hooks - Networking ; Hi, I have a basic query regarding netfilter hooks on Unix platforms. (prerouting, postrouting.. etc) I am assuming that hooks should be asynchronous.. (there should be multiple kernel threads handling the call for hook for a packet). Please correct me ...

  1. Query regarding netfilter hooks

    Hi,

    I have a basic query regarding netfilter hooks on Unix platforms.
    (prerouting, postrouting.. etc)
    I am assuming that hooks should be asynchronous.. (there should be
    multiple kernel threads handling the call for hook for a packet).

    Please correct me if i am wrong..

    if they are asynchronous.. where can i find the number of threads
    (configuration) for handling this task..

    What would be a good reference where i can get such implementation
    details about netfilter hooks.

    Regards
    Sanjay Raghani

  2. Re: Query regarding netfilter hooks

    On Mar 4, 2:23 am, sanjay wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a basic query regarding netfilter hooks on Unix platforms.
    > (prerouting, postrouting.. etc)
    > I am assuming that hooks should be asynchronous.. (there should be
    > multiple kernel threads handling the call for hook for a packet).
    >
    > Please correct me if i am wrong..
    >
    > if they are asynchronous.. where can i find the number of threads
    > (configuration) for handling this task..
    >
    > What would be a good reference where i can get such implementation
    > details about netfilter hooks.
    >
    > Regards
    > Sanjay Raghani

    I am sure you must be knowing this by now... but just in case you
    missed out on that,
    there is a pretty detailed website on netfilter/iptables :

    http://www.netfilter.org/

    Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread