Selection of IP address over Internet for multicasting - Networking

This is a discussion on Selection of IP address over Internet for multicasting - Networking ; Hi All, I want to implement multicasting concept for internet IP address. As there is wide range of this address. which address i should select so it doen't conflict with other IP address? Thanks, R2....

  1. Selection of IP address over Internet for multicasting

    Hi All,
    I want to implement multicasting concept for internet IP
    address. As there is wide range of this address. which address i
    should select so it doen't conflict with other IP address?

    Thanks,
    R2.

  2. Re: Selection of IP address over Internet for multicasting

    "R2" wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > I want to implement multicasting concept for internet IP
    > address. As there is wide range of this address. which address i
    > should select so it doen't conflict with other IP address?

    For IPv6, that's easy: Bit 11 = 1. (First bit is bit 0).

+ Reply to Thread