telnetd for Fedora - Networking

This is a discussion on telnetd for Fedora - Networking ; Hi all I'm trying to find a telnet server for an old Fedora box. Some details kernel 2.6.9-1.681_FC3 #1 glibc-2.3.3-74 rpm-4.3.2-21 From what I can see telnet-server-0.17-7 should work, but I can't find a copy anywhere. (And before anyone says, ...

  1. telnetd for Fedora

    Hi all

    I'm trying to find a telnet server for an old Fedora box.

    Some details

    kernel 2.6.9-1.681_FC3 #1
    glibc-2.3.3-74
    rpm-4.3.2-21

    From what I can see telnet-server-0.17-7 should work, but I can't find a
    copy anywhere.

    (And before anyone says, yes I know I should just shoot the box and be
    done).

    Thanks
    Rob

  2. Re: telnetd for Fedora

    On Feb 24, 8:15 pm, "Rob" wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I'm trying to find a telnet server for an old Fedora box.
    >
    > Some details
    >
    > kernel 2.6.9-1.681_FC3 #1
    > glibc-2.3.3-74
    > rpm-4.3.2-21
    >
    > From what I can see telnet-server-0.17-7 should work, but I can't find a
    > copy anywhere.

    http://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/fedo...C3.2.i386.html
    ftp://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/co...FC3.2.i386.rpm

    Why not just grab the source to any telnet server and compile it? Or
    why not compile/install openssl and forget about telnet -- it's
    obsolete and insecure.

    DS

  3. Re: telnetd for Fedora

    "David Schwartz" wrote in message
    > On Feb 24, 8:15 pm, "Rob" wrote:
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I'm trying to find a telnet server for an old Fedora box.
    >>
    >> Some details
    >>
    >> kernel 2.6.9-1.681_FC3 #1
    >> glibc-2.3.3-74
    >> rpm-4.3.2-21
    >>
    >> From what I can see telnet-server-0.17-7 should work, but I can't find a
    >> copy anywhere.

    > http://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/fedo...C3.2.i386.html
    > ftp://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/co...FC3.2.i386.rpm
    >
    > Why not just grab the source to any telnet server and compile it? Or
    > why not compile/install openssl and forget about telnet -- it's
    > obsolete and insecure.
    >
    > DS

    Thanks, that worked first time.

    I know telnet is old, I was looking for a way to hook onto the box in case I
    stuff up the ssh to it, am trying putty off my symbian60 phone.

    Cheers
    Rob

+ Reply to Thread