Can I run a W3.1 apps. via VNC ? - Networking

This is a discussion on Can I run a W3.1 apps. via VNC ? - Networking ; The documentation for [various of] VNC reminds me of lilo: an unstructured set of facts. Can some one who knows 'top-down, successive-refinement' please tell me where to start. Eg. if I had to advise an ignoramus on setting-up his dial-out ...

  1. Can I run a W3.1 apps. via VNC ?

    The documentation for [various of] VNC reminds me of lilo:
    an unstructured set of facts.

    Can some one who knows 'top-down, successive-refinement'
    please tell me where to start. Eg. if I had to advise an ignoramus
    on setting-up his dial-out ppp connection, I'd advise first to confirm
    that the modem was 'activateable'.

    If not he'd have to step BACK to the eg. serial-out control of the modem.

    You don't eg. punctuate the explanation, with mention of data
    compression ...etc., which just adds confusion.

    Thanks for any feedback,

    crg.

  2. Re: Can I run a W3.1 apps. via VNC ?

    problems@gmail wrote:

    > The documentation for [various of] VNC reminds me of lilo:
    > an unstructured set of facts.
    >
    > Can some one who knows 'top-down, successive-refinement'
    > please tell me where to start. Eg. if I had to advise an ignoramus
    > on setting-up his dial-out ppp connection, I'd advise first to confirm
    > that the modem was 'activateable'.

    You may dig for some old pcanywhere version that runs on dialup (inbound) on
    a win3.11 box.

    Linux 2.6.23.9-2mdvtmbcustom. [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

  3. Re: Can I run a W3.1 apps. via VNC ?

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 01:10:28 -0600, problems wrote:

    > The documentation for [various of] VNC reminds me of lilo: an
    > unstructured set of facts.

    [...]

    Uhm, it appears to me by reading your subject line you want to run
    Microsoft Windows 3.1 applications using a virtual network connection
    (VNC). Is this correct? Your message appears to be a rant about improper
    and/or insufficient information and does not really explain what you are
    attempting to do.

    Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

+ Reply to Thread