Thunderbird received message date - Networking

This is a discussion on Thunderbird received message date - Networking ; We've recently got a new email server set up at work, for which I want to thank Alan Hicks, who did it at a reasonable consultant rate; and we're using Thunderbird for the mail client. (Doze and 'nix boxen.) The ...

  1. Thunderbird received message date

    We've recently got a new email server set up at work, for which I want
    to thank Alan Hicks, who did it at a reasonable consultant rate; and
    we're using Thunderbird for the mail client. (Doze and 'nix boxen.)

    The boss came to my office complaining that the email he just received
    today doesn't show the date, only the time.

    I guessed that that's probably normal operation (since it's today,
    showing the date would be redundant, or even confusing), but did
    promise to ask the experts.

    So, I should have the boss check the same messages tomorrow, right?

    Thanks,
    Rich

  2. Re: Thunderbird received message date

    Rich Grise wrote:
    > We've recently got a new email server set up at work, for which I want
    > to thank Alan Hicks, who did it at a reasonable consultant rate; and
    > we're using Thunderbird for the mail client. (Doze and 'nix boxen.)
    >
    > The boss came to my office complaining that the email he just received
    > today doesn't show the date, only the time.
    >
    > I guessed that that's probably normal operation (since it's today,
    > showing the date would be redundant, or even confusing), but did
    > promise to ask the experts.
    >
    > So, I should have the boss check the same messages tomorrow, right?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rich

    Correct the date will show up tomorrow.

  3. Re: Thunderbird received message date

    On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:11:23 -0500, pen wrote:
    > Rich Grise wrote:
    >> We've recently got a new email server set up at work, for which I want
    >> to thank Alan Hicks, who did it at a reasonable consultant rate; and
    >> we're using Thunderbird for the mail client. (Doze and 'nix boxen.)
    >>
    >> The boss came to my office complaining that the email he just received
    >> today doesn't show the date, only the time.
    >>
    >> I guessed that that's probably normal operation (since it's today,
    >> showing the date would be redundant, or even confusing), but did promise
    >> to ask the experts.
    >>
    >> So, I should have the boss check the same messages tomorrow, right?
    >>

    > Correct the date will show up tomorrow.

    Thanks! Interestingly, after asking here I bothered to RTFM, and, well,
    you know. ;-)

    Cheers!
    Rich

  4. Re: Thunderbird received message date

    Rich Grise wrote:
    > we're using Thunderbird for the mail client. (Doze and 'nix boxen.)

    > The boss came to my office complaining that the email he just received
    > today doesn't show the date, only the time.

    Take a look at the ConfigDate extension, as found at

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread