CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK - Networking

This is a discussion on CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK - Networking ; Hi, I know that the option CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK option was present in the linux kernel configuration in the past... but how's things now? Has it been renamed or removed? What are the options you have to enable in order to be ...

  1. CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK

    Hi, I know that the option CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK option was present in the
    linux kernel configuration in the past... but how's things now? Has it been
    renamed or removed?
    What are the options you have to enable in order to be able to route packets
    using the mark and iproute2 (ex. ip rule add fwmark table
    ) ?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK

    Hello,

    Gdss a écrit :
    > Hi, I know that the option CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK option was present in the
    > linux kernel configuration in the past... but how's things now? Has it been
    > renamed or removed?

    Since Linux 2.6.20, mark based routing has been enabled by default, thus
    the related config options {DECNET,IP,IPV6}_ROUTE_FWMARK have been removed.

    > What are the options you have to enable in order to be able to route packets
    > using the mark and iproute2 (ex. ip rule add fwmark table
    > ) ?

    I guess you need at least IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER, IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES, and
    anything which allows to mangle the packet mark such as the Netfilter
    MARK target (NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_MARK).

+ Reply to Thread