networking machines with 192,168.0.1 - Networking

This is a discussion on networking machines with 192,168.0.1 - Networking ; i live in a condo that the router assigns the ip address. is there a way to connect to specific machines. how would i go about it.thanks...

  1. networking machines with 192,168.0.1

    i live in a condo that the router assigns the ip address. is there a
    way to connect to specific machines. how would i go about it.thanks

  2. Re: networking machines with 192,168.0.1

    wrote
    > i live in a condo that the router assigns the ip address. is there a
    > way to connect to specific machines. how would i go about it.thanks

    It's very difficult to determine from your message what you're trying to do.
    Are you trying to share files between a few computers? If so, the router
    more than likely has File & Printer Sharing disabled, so you'll need to
    install your own router in your apartment to facilitate this.

    --HC

  3. Re: networking machines with 192,168.0.1

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 06:18:24 -0400, chrisg@cgallacher.com wrote:

    >i live in a condo that the router assigns the ip address. is there a
    >way to connect to specific machines. how would i go about it.thanks

    Tell your browser to go ip/resource

    where ip is the ip address u want to go to.

    resource is typically a remote storage device that u have been given
    permission to access.

    All other conversation is just that, u go IP. Tell your application,
    whatever application you are running (and a matching "receiver"
    application on the other end listening), connect to IP.

    That's it. Very simple.

    If your business is looking for quick free consulting,
    please ignore my replies. I only wish to reply to other
    engineers/administrators and home users who are stuck
    and not interested to give your business free consulting.

    Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread