Anybody got a working wireless wpa interfaces file? - Networking

This is a discussion on Anybody got a working wireless wpa interfaces file? - Networking ; I am working on my first wireless connection (Debian Etch Madwifi driver) and have got it working with WEP, but not with WPA. It has to be my /etc/network/interfaces file but so far the info that I have found is ...

  1. Anybody got a working wireless wpa interfaces file?

    I am working on my first wireless connection (Debian Etch Madwifi driver)
    and have got it working with WEP, but not with WPA. It has to be my
    /etc/network/interfaces file but so far the info that I have found is for
    Windoze or doesn't make sense.

    Anybody got a working config file, or a link to a Linux/WPA page?

    Thanks any
    Overt

  2. Re: Anybody got a working wireless wpa interfaces file?

    Overt wrote:

    > I am working on my first wireless connection (Debian Etch
    > Madwifi driver)
    > and have got it working with WEP, but not with WPA. It has to
    > be my /etc/network/interfaces file but so far the info that I
    > have found is for Windoze or doesn't make sense.
    >
    > Anybody got a working config file, or a link to a Linux/WPA
    > page?
    >
    > Thanks any
    > Overt

    You need wpa_supplicant.

    http://www.madwifi.net/
    http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/

    HTH
    Joerg
    --
    For email use g m x d o t n e t

  3. Re: Anybody got a working wireless wpa interfaces file?

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:31:39 +0100, Joerg wrote:

    > Overt wrote:
    >
    >> I am working on my first wireless connection (Debian Etch
    >> Madwifi driver)
    >> and have got it working with WEP, but not with WPA. It has to
    >> be my /etc/network/interfaces file but so far the info that I
    >> have found is for Windoze or doesn't make sense.
    >>
    >> Anybody got a working config file, or a link to a Linux/WPA
    >> page?
    >>
    >> Thanks any
    >> Overt

    > You need wpa_supplicant.
    >
    > http://www.madwifi.net/
    > http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/
    >
    > HTH
    > Joerg

    Thanks. I had just run across that and was about to research more.

    P.S. What I didn't mention before is why I posted such a simple
    question. I am having to surf on a 24k dialup line, which makes any
    rapid research a major pain, with 5+ minute load times on some of the
    pages.

    Overt

+ Reply to Thread