Email Server Geek rates? - Networking

This is a discussion on Email Server Geek rates? - Networking ; This isn't a job offer (unless somebody wants to bid) I just want to find out what to expect to pay a consultant. The boss at the company where I sit wants am email server on our "server", which is ...

  1. Email Server Geek rates?

    This isn't a job offer (unless somebody wants to bid) I just want
    to find out what to expect to pay a consultant.

    The boss at the company where I sit wants am email server on our
    "server", which is basically a Slack 11.0 box configured as a
    router, gateway, Apache server and Samba server.

    I've determined that I have no clue, and it would take me about
    a year to learn how to do it, so the task is to find somebody
    who can either come in, or telecommute, set up an email server on
    our box. BTW, we have a static IP, so no worries there.

    There are several "rent-a-geek" kind of outfits in the phone book,
    So my question is, what should I expect to pay?

    Would telecommuting work for a job like that? If so, what kind of
    warranty and stuff would I get?

    We're in Whittier, CA, if that makes a difference.

    Thanks,
    Rich

  2. Re: Email Server Geek rates?

  3. Re: Email Server Geek rates?

    On Jan 30, 4:40 pm, Rich Grise wrote:
    > This isn't a job offer (unless somebody wants to bid) I just want
    > to find out what to expect to pay a consultant.
    >
    > The boss at the company where I sit wants am email server on our
    > "server", which is basically a Slack 11.0 box configured as a
    > router, gateway, Apache server and Samba server.
    >
    > I've determined that I have no clue, and it would take me about
    > a year to learn how to do it, so the task is to find somebody
    > who can either come in, or telecommute, set up an email server on
    > our box. BTW, we have a static IP, so no worries there.
    >
    > There are several "rent-a-geek" kind of outfits in the phone book,
    > So my question is, what should I expect to pay?
    >
    > Would telecommuting work for a job like that? If so, what kind of
    > warranty and stuff would I get?
    >
    > We're in Whittier, CA, if that makes a difference.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rich

    Check out http://www.inter7.com, I have used them before and have
    found them to be great....