Help: Source Address Spoofing - Networking

This is a discussion on Help: Source Address Spoofing - Networking ; Hello, I have a question about how to prevent source address spoofing. I use ADSL to surf the Internet, so if I wanna prevent address spoofing which packets are likely from my IP address. My confusion is I use dynamic ...

  1. Help: Source Address Spoofing

    Hello,

    I have a question about how to prevent source address spoofing. I use ADSL
    to surf the Internet, so if I wanna prevent address spoofing which packets
    are likely from my IP address. My confusion is I use dynamic IP address. I
    don't know how to set up.

    Thank you very much~

    Regards,

    Amy Lee

  2. Re: Help: Source Address Spoofing

    Amy Lee wrote:
    > Hello,

    > I have a question about how to prevent source address spoofing. I use ADSL
    > to surf the Internet, so if I wanna prevent address spoofing which packets
    > are likely from my IP address. My confusion is I use dynamic IP address. I
    > don't know how to set up.

    Sounds like you want reverse-path source validation. Activate it with

    echo -n 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/rp_filter

    There are explanations as to what this does in

    /usr/src/linux/net/ipv4/Kconfig

    and

    rfc1812, 5.3.8 Source Address Validation

    --
    Clifford Kite
    /* Better is the enemy of good enough. */

+ Reply to Thread