how to create new pertition of HDD on Linux - Networking

This is a discussion on how to create new pertition of HDD on Linux - Networking ; Hi! I have Suse Linux. Now I had attached a new HDD. I need to pertition But Dont know how from command prompt. could any one help me 1. how to create pertition to another HDD. 2. then how to ...

  1. how to create new pertition of HDD on Linux

    Hi!
    I have Suse Linux.
    Now I had attached a new HDD. I need to pertition But Dont know how
    from command prompt.
    could any one help me
    1. how to create pertition to another HDD.
    2. then how to format with EXT3
    3. then how to mount & work with that HDD [ Pertitions ]

    Thanks,
    Sukalyaan

  2. Re: how to create new pertition of HDD on Linux

    jatrojoomla wrote:
    > Hi!
    > I have Suse Linux.
    > Now I had attached a new HDD. I need to pertition But Dont know how
    > from command prompt.
    > could any one help me
    > 1. how to create pertition to another HDD.

    fdisk

    > 2. then how to format with EXT3

    mke2fs

    > 3. then how to mount & work with that HDD [ Pertitions ]

    mount

    Robert

    > Thanks,
    > Sukalyaan

  3. Re: how to create new pertition of HDD on Linux

    On Jan 24, 8:13 pm, Robert Harris
    wrote:
    > jatrojoomla wrote:
    > > Hi!
    > > I have Suse Linux.
    > > Now I had attached a new HDD. I need to pertition But Dont know how
    > > from command prompt.
    > > could any one help me
    > > 1. how to create pertition to another HDD.

    > fdisk

    ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR fsdk | ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR fsdk
    ================================================== =================+

    > > 2. then how to format with EXT3

    > mke2fs

    ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR mke2fs | ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR mke2fs
    ================================================== =================+

    > > 3. then how to mount & work with that HDD [ Pertitions ]

    > mount

    ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR mount | ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR mount
    ================================================== =================+

    > Robert
    >

    > > Thanks,
    > > Sukalyaan

  4. Re: how to create new pertition of HDD on Linux

    jatrojoomla wrote:
    > ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR fsdk

    You know to post from Google, do you know how to use their search
    engine? Christ, just google your question, and you're in business.

    --Benjamin Franklin

  5. Re: how to create new pertition of HDD on Linux

    On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:01:38 -0800, jatrojoomla rearranged some electrons
    to say:

    > On Jan 24, 8:13 pm, Robert Harris
    > wrote:
    >> jatrojoomla wrote:
    >> > Hi!
    >> > I have Suse Linux.
    >> > Now I had attached a new HDD. I need to pertition But Dont know how
    >> > from command prompt.
    >> > could any one help me
    >> > 1. how to create pertition to another HDD.

    >> fdisk

    > ================================================== =================
    > ================================================== =================
    >
    > ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR fsdk | ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR fsdk
    > ================================================== =================+
    > ================================================== =================
    >

    >> > 2. then how to format with EXT3

    >> mke2fs

    > ================================================== =================
    > ================================================== ================= ANY
    > COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR mke2fs | ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR mke2fs
    > ================================================== =================+
    > ================================================== =================
    >

    >> > 3. then how to mount & work with that HDD [ Pertitions ]

    >> mount

    > ================================================== =================
    > ================================================== ================= ANY
    > COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR mount | ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR mount
    > ================================================== =================+
    > ================================================== =================
    >

    >> Robert
    >>

    >> > Thanks,
    >> > Sukalyaan

    Are you really too dumb to read the man pages?

    http://tldp.org/

  6. Re: how to create new pertition of HDD on Linux

    On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:01:38 -0800 (PST), jatrojoomla wrote:

    > ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR fsdk | ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR fsdk

    man fdisk

    > ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR mke2fs | ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR mke2fs

    man fke2fs

    > ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR mount | ANY COMMAND EXAMPLE FOR mount

    man mount

    Since you did not want to use the gui partition management tool for
    your distribution, I'll suggest

    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=173828

    After creating and formatting, you add a line to /etc/fstab

    and mount /name_here aught to work.

  7. Re: how to create new pertition of HDD on Linux

    On Jan 24, 3:46*pm, jatrojoomla wrote:
    > Hi!
    > I have Suse Linux.
    > Now I had attached a new HDD. I need to pertition But Dont know how
    > from command prompt.
    > could any one help me
    > 1. how to create pertition to another HDD.
    > 2. then how to format with EXT3
    > 3. then how to mount & work with that HDD [ Pertitions ]
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Sukalyaan

    Hi, Sukalyaan, Hi all use this link and know ur hdd partition.

    use this link: http://www.linux.ie/newusers/beginne...ll-process.php

    Thanks & Regards,

    Hemanth

  8. Re: how to create new pertition of HDD on Linux

    wrote:
    > jatrojoomla wrote:
    > > Hi!
    > > I have Suse Linux.
    > > Now I had attached a new HDD. I need to pertition But Dont know how
    > > from command prompt.
    > > could any one help me
    > > 1. how to create pertition to another HDD.

    > fdisk
    >
    > > 2. then how to format with EXT3

    > mke2fs
    >
    > > 3. then how to mount & work with that HDD [ Pertitions ]

    > mount
    >
    > Robert
    >

    > > Thanks,
    > > Sukalyaan- Hide quoted text -

    Hi, Robert,

    Use this link and know ur hdd partition,

    http://www.linux.ie/newusers/beginne...ll-process.php

    Regards,

    Hemanth

+ Reply to Thread