ipchains, NAT, multiple uplinks - Networking

This is a discussion on ipchains, NAT, multiple uplinks - Networking ; Hi, I'm beginning to convert my Linux firewall to use multiple uplinks to different ISPs. There is one thing that I don't understand how do to (even before attempting to do anything): right now I have an ipchains rule which ...

  1. ipchains, NAT, multiple uplinks

    Hi,
    I'm beginning to convert my Linux firewall to use multiple uplinks to
    different ISPs.
    There is one thing that I don't understand how do to (even before
    attempting to do anything): right now I have an ipchains rule which
    set the source address of all packets going to port 25 to a specific
    ip address which has a reverse DNS record which is pretty much
    required for SMTP connections nowadays. What should I do with that
    rule now that the connection might actually be going through another
    uplink?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: ipchains, NAT, multiple uplinks

  3. Re: ipchains, NAT, multiple uplinks

    On Jan 18, 9:26 pm, mes...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm beginning to convert my Linux firewall to use multiple uplinks to
    > different ISPs.
    > There is one thing that I don't understand how do to (even before
    > attempting to do anything): right now I have an ipchains rule which
    > set the source address of all packets going to port 25 to a specific
    > ip address which has a reverse DNS record which is pretty much
    > required for SMTP connections nowadays. What should I do with that
    > rule now that the connection might actually be going through another
    > uplink?
    >
    > Thanks!

    I think you will have to do alot of work so you get all what you want
    to do to be active, This may help you,
    http://www.lartc.org

+ Reply to Thread